Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Open time stamp to navigate to folder?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kandra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005    Post subject: Open time stamp to navigate to folder? Reply with quote

When I need to open a Clients time stamp I have to open up time stamp and then navigate to the clients folder and then open the time sheet. If the time sheet is on the desk top it will not let me just click on it, it says that it can't be opened by that program. Anyway I can fix this?
Thanks,
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

kandra,

When the file is on your desktop, what does the icon for it look like? It is possible that some other program on your system is set to open files with a "sa2" or "ts2" extension.

What you can try is right-clicking on the time sheet, select the "Open With..." command, scroll down to "Time Stamp", click the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" option, and hit the OK button. From that point on, the file should load okay. If Time Stamp does not appear in the Open With list, click on the "Browse..." button, navigate to Program Files\Time Stamp and click on TimeStamp.exe.

Were the files saved to the dektop, or copied there from somewhere else? One issue may be that both of the Time Stamp data files for that particular time log weren't copied. Time Stamp saves two files for each log (a TS2 file and a SA2 file), and if only one of those was copied over things may not have opened correctly for that reason.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: