Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Problem switching to Beta version

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. Ellis Rue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005    Post subject: Problem switching to Beta version Reply with quote

I have used Timestamp for some time now and am very happy with it. After reading the notes about the Beta version being available, I decided to try it. I followed the directions given and everything changed OK with one rather major exception: the figures for "work" and "work costs" are all zero for all the past sessions. All the other previous columns show all right. How do I update the columns mentioned above with the correct figures?

Also, I cannot seem to figure out how to get "work costs" to print. I would like to show my figures for each work session when I print out a report for my clients.

I was glad to learn about the font size affecting the print out. I had mine set for 10 and all the columns ran together on the print out, but looked fine on the screen. This printing thing is definitely not a case of WYSIWYG.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Ellis
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the changeover pains... to get all of your work times to show correclty onscreen, try the Tools -> Recalculate All Tasks command with the old file loaded. I still haven't coded the printing so it works right with the incremented time but will hopefully get that knocked out soon!

I appreciate the time anyone spends trying out the beta to look at new features, but I recommend against using it for "real world" activities in case problems like the one you described come up.

- Bill
J. Ellis Rue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the quick response. I assume you might be interested in my experience after reading your instructions.
The recalculate function worked fine for all the times in the body of the screen, but both the total work time and total work costs boxes at the top stayed at 0. I was a little concerned at that point, but I found that if I saved, went to the next project to recalculate, and came back to the previous project, the total times were there. However, being familiar with the total costs for my projects, I could see that the figures were higher than I expected. So, I went into preferences to see if the "round up" box was checked, which it was not. Then when I went back to check again, the total figures were all correct. I saved every one of the projects again and quit while I was ahead. I have no idea what all this means in terms of programming.

Are you saying that you are yet to work on being able to print the work costs for each session?

I did save my original .exe fila as .bak as you suggested, but I'm not sure how I would be able to use the Beta version to test it without using it for my "real world" projects.

Thanks again for your concerns and especially for making such a great program available for the "masses".
Ellis
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure... I want to hear any reports of weirdness Smile

Depending on how familiar you are with moving files around and stuff, you can make a copy your Time Stamp folder, put the beta version in it, and make a new icon. You could also make copies of the data files and just try the beta on the test files. I have been using the beta exclusively for a few months but I use it differently than others, which is why others will pick up bugs that I'll probably not run into Wink . So yes, I love to hear bug reports!

- Bill
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: