Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey, USA
|Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 Post subject: Timestamp.NET Feedback
|Kudos to Justin for making the .NET version; I'm using it more and more every day. The Project Group feature is especially useful for switching back and forth between projects, which I do quite often.
Here are some suggestions for improvement:
1) Date, time, and currency formats should be derived from the computer's Regional Settings.
2) Project Group setup would be much easier if blank Project files could be created directly from the Project Group setup.
3) F12 key to stop a slack period is missing.
4) Would be nice to have a "Continue" shortcut key for tasks.
5) On one of my computers, the window starts up at the "Reduced Mode" size, even though I don't actually use Reduced Mode. On my other computer, the window either remembers its size or at least has a reasonable default.
6) Would be nice for the program to stop timing and save when Windows is suspended. This can be detected with the SystemEvents.PowerModeChanged event.
7) If TimeStamp.NET is started minimized, but never opened, Windows XP will refuse to log out or shut down until it is opened!
Also, I would love to know more about the Bugzilla connection. I see where the Bugzilla server and bug numbers are set, but it's not clear how the program makes use of that information.