Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Change of Project Bar

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004    Post subject: Change of Project Bar Reply with quote

First of all, your tool is really cool. I am using it to track my working time on different projects for different companies (and different projects for the same company).

1) I would find it helpful to be able to add more bars to the Project Bar.
That way I could have one bar for each company I am working for.

2) Each project could have an "old" subfolder, where i could move all "invoiced" tasks to. Currently I name my files with "_x". But this is getting messy.

Probalby this could be done with subfolders in the /timestamp/projects/ folder. That way i could do it by hand and have the cool handling in the program.

3) This is probably the most urgend request for me. To be able to enlarge the project bar, so that i can read the full names of each project. (at the moment my projects are named "company - project" (e.g. MobileGameDesign - FootballManager). since i cannot read the file names at the moment I have to name them "project -company", but his means that I have to search for each file.

Overall this is a very useful tool to me.

Thanks a lot.

Torsten
Mobile Game Design

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

2) Each project could have an "old" subfolder, where i could move all "invoiced" tasks to. Currently I name my files with "_x". But this is getting messy.

Probalby this could be done with subfolders in the /timestamp/projects/ folder. That way i could do it by hand and have the cool handling in the program.

This has been one of my problems as well. At the end of each month when I invoice, I create a folder for that particular month and copy all the .SA2 & .TS2 to the folder. Then I delete all the info in the original files to start from scratch for the next month. I'd be interested in hearing how other people do this.... Im sure there is an easier way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

This has been one of my problems as well. At the end of each month when I invoice, I create a folder for that particular month and copy all the .SA2 & .TS2 to the folder. Then I delete all the info in the original files to start from scratch for the next month. I'd be interested in hearing how other people do this.... Im sure there is an easier way

Personally, at the end of each month I create a blank list, then use File -> Append to append in all of the month's project files. Then I save it as one file so I can toss the rest.
Torsten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004    Post subject: At the end of a month Reply with quote

>Personally, at the end of each month I create a blank list, then use File -> Append to append in all of the month's project files. Then I save it as >one file so I can toss the rest.

The problem is that i need to have the original data, in case one would not pay my invoice Smile

Thanks for the thoughts. Most likely they help.

Best

Torsten
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: