Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Enhancement request: Reverse sort of columns

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan Bruun Andersen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004    Post subject: Enhancement request: Reverse sort of columns Reply with quote

I would like to see a feature whereby clicking on an already sorted column heading would reverse the sort order.

Unlike some users (the majority?) I do not use the stop/start/resume feature for task entries, but instead create a new, separate task whenever I resume an activity. As a result, my weekly list of entries can easily outgrow the real-estate of my laptop, with the active entries scrolling of the bottom.

I think I am going to like the new beta jump-to-last-entry feature, but what I would really like to see is the GUI being able to list entries in descending date/time order, with the latest entries at the top. Reports should still be generated in ascending date order.
Jan Bruun Andersen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004    Post subject: Enhancement request: Right-justify timestamps Reply with quote

Currently date and timestamps are showed left-justified (please ignore the '.' used for padding):

Quote:
06-07-2004 9:18:50 ..06-07-2004 10:26:13
06-07-2004 10:26:16 06-07-2004 11:46:05

I would prefer something like this, where the time elements line up:
Code:
06-07-2004  9:18:50  06-07-2004 10:26:13
06-07-2004 10:26:16  06-07-2004 11:46:05

Alternatively, a leading zero for the hours could be added.
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the left-justification is that what you are really describing is a dual-justification... the date is left-justified and the time is right-justified. I can't easily do that without either splitting the dates and times into different columsn or forcing a fixed-width font (like Courier) in the interface, which I personally couldn't stand Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: