Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Work Time is not exact

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fabrice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004    Post subject: Work Time is not exact Reply with quote

Hi all,

This soft is really useful but I have a problem in the work time calculation.

For exemple, if I start working at 16:50:00 and end at 17:30:00 the work time in Time Stamp is 39,9841 Confused .
It's not correct.

In VB the result is :
Code:
print DateDiff("n","16:50:00","17:30:00")

This is the correct result.

Is it possible to correct this ?
saxydan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004    Post subject: Work Time is not exact Reply with quote

Fabrice,

Try selecting the particular task, then clicking on the Edit Task button, and clicking Recalculate Work Time in the pop-up window.

Hope this helps.

Dan Very Happy
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004    Post subject: Re: Work Time is not exact Reply with quote

Fabrice wrote:
Hi all,

This soft is really useful but I have a problem in the work time calculation.

For exemple, if I start working at 16:50:00 and end at 17:30:00 the work time in Time Stamp is 39,9841 Confused .
It's not correct.

In VB the result is :
Code:
print DateDiff("n","16:50:00","17:30:00")

This is the correct result.

Is it possible to correct this ?

What you are seeing is the innacuracies introduced in floating point math. The variables/calculations used by Time Stamp are using floating point numbers which sometimes aren't stored. Becuase VB isn't a strongly-typed language I can't find any documentation on what the type of the DATEDIFF resultis, but Delphi's strongly-typed Object Pascal date/time computation functions result to Double, which has 15-16 significant digits. When this number is stored internally it shows an inexact match. To remedy this in Time Stamp I could display a rounded figure, and maybe I'll make that a preference setting in a future version.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: