Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Creating projects problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J. Ellis Rue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003    Post subject: Creating projects problem Reply with quote

I learned of Time Stamp from a mailing list I am on for a CAD program. I downloaded and installed without any problems. I like what I see of the program and would be happy to contribute to the developer if I learn to use the program to keep track of different projects I would be working on. My probles is that I cannot figure out how to add projects to the program. When I click on the "Create Project" icon, nothing happens. Actually, I don't understand the added "(Cear Grid)" line for that icon. They seem to be conflicting goals. I assume there is something simple that I am missing, but I have watched all the help screens, and do not find any clear instruction on how to add a project. I really don't see the purpose for the Default Projects and Recent Projects distenctions. If I have a list of six or seven projects all going at the same time, I just want to see that list to chose from when working on a particular project. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. I do like the format of this program over a number of others I have downloaded to try. That is why I am pursuing this to this point. Thanks.
J. Ellis Rue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003    Post subject: Proof reading Reply with quote

I usually proof read any notes I send, but I fell down on the job this time. Make that "problem", "clear" and "distinction" in my note on creating projects. Thanks.
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

> My probles is that I cannot figure out how to add projects
> to the program. When I click on the "Create Project" icon,
> nothing happens. Actually, I don't understand the added
> "(Cear Grid)" line for that icon.

"Create Project" and "Clear Grid" mean the same thing in Time Stamp. One "project" file is one grid's worth of tasks. As you start and stop Time Stamp's timers, you create a list of tasks. You aren't adding projects to a file, you are creating a blank project within which the timed tasks will be stored.

>I really don't see the purpose for the Default Projects
> and Recent Projects distenctions.

Default Projects lists all the project files stored in the default saved-file directory you specify in the Preferences screen. Users requested this so they could rapidly switch between frequently-used project files. Recent Projects are ones saved during a given session of Time Stamp, whether or not they are stored in the default directory. If these functions are of no use to you, hit F7 and that whole panel goes away.

> If I have a list of six or seven projects all going at the same
> time, I just want to see that list to chose from when working
> on a particular project.

Sure... specify a default saved-file directory under the File -> Preferences -> File Options menu command (check the "Use Default Directory" option on, then select the default directory), then save your six or seven project files there. Exit Time Stamp, reload Time Stamp, and those files will appear under Default Projects. You can then click on each to load them into the task grid.

I hope this helps!

- Bill
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: