Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Printing Reports - Need simplification

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JanB
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003    Post subject: Printing Reports - Need simplification Reply with quote

Thanks for a great product and now this forum - I came looking for the website again at the right time! Wink

I'm using Time Stamp to track project hours for clients - and include simple notes so they will know how my time was spent. I've been using the product for one month, and intend to print out a report of the monthly totals to send with my Invoice.

The problem is that there is so much information in the columns (particularly the date and hour/minutes columns) that the data all runs together and some of it is hidden when printed. I tried omitting the Hourly rate column to make the report more readable, but even though I don't need the rate beside each entry, I do need the total $$ and that was omitted as well at tge end of the report.

Is there a way to change/reduce the date to a shorter entry (o3 instead of 2003 for example) and simplify the time in/out so the data in those columns doesn't take up so much room? Maybe I'm just not seeing an option that is there.

I really do like the way this program works (and appreciate the fact that the idea is to keep it simple) but need a good clean report to send clients and for my own records.

Thanks for your response.

JanB
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Preferences -> Print Options, what are your Report Font Preferences showing? For both Column Headers/Summary Labels and Detail Lines I use 8-point arial with all columns and it fits okay in Portrait mode.
JanB
Intermediate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003    Post subject: Printed Reports Reply with quote

I'm using the default 8 point Arial. I guess the information is all there, but the info in the date columns runs together and is just very hard to read.

Is there a way to show just the date and total time elapsed rather than the start and stop times when printing?

Again, thanks!

Jan
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a preference this weekend for only showing the start date of a task, which should hopefully fix the problem you are seeing. If you want to try it out, do the folloiwng:

1) In the directory where you installed Time Stamp (probably Program Files\Time Stamp), rename timestamp.exe to timestamp.bak

2) Download the latest Time Stamp beta from here:

http://www.syntap.com/downloads/tsbeta.zip

3) Extract timestamp.exe from the Zip file and put it in the directory where you installed Time Stamp.

4) Run as usual.

This new preference, titled "Only Print Task Start Date" sets the report to remove the Stop Time column, as well as the time info from the Start Time Column. Then the other columns get shoved over to the left a bit and the Notes column gets widened.

Let me know how this works for you...

- Bill
JanB
Intermediate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003    Post subject: Printed Reports Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in checking this out - I just found your post about the new options. I didn't receive a notification about new postings, so I didn't think to check. Embarassed

I followed the instructions to install the new .exe file, and although I was a bit confused by the process (haven't used Stuffit much) I think I have the new file in place. When I start Time Stamp, the printing options do show the new items. It looks beautiful in the Print Preview, but when I try printing it, the date and elapsed time have slid off the left side of the page.

Any suggestions for a remedy for this? The view of the data on Print Preview is exactly what I was looking for - and you've made plenty of room to add more comments if necessary. If only I could print it correctly. Confused

I really appreciate your taking the time to make these changes.

Best regards,

Jan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003    Post subject: Re: Printed Reports Reply with quote

JanB wrote:
When I start Time Stamp, the printing options do show the new items. It looks beautiful in the Print Preview, but when I try printing it, the date and elapsed time have slid off the left side of the page.

Any suggestions for a remedy for this? The view of the data on Print Preview is exactly what I was looking for - and you've made plenty of room to add more comments if necessary.

I'm seeing that too on my end when I print from the preview, but when I print from File -> Print (without the preview) it seems to work. Does the same thing happen on your end? I'll check into why the preview is doing that... strange.

If the version number you see at the bottom of the Time Stamp main screen says "Version 3.13.2003-1006 Beta" then you did the file copying correctly and are running the beta version I posted.
JanB
Intermediate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003    Post subject: New Printing Options Reply with quote

Bill,

That works fine if I don't go into Print Preview - this is great!

Thanks so much for the added feature!

Jan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: Re: New Printing Options Reply with quote

JanB wrote:
Bill,

That works fine if I don't go into Print Preview - this is great!

Thanks so much for the added feature!

Jan

Sure... I still have to fix the print preview problem though Rolling Eyes
JanB
Intermediate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: Re: New Printing Options Reply with quote

Quote:

Sure... I still have to fix the print preview problem though Rolling Eyes

But don't you just love a challenge??? Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: