Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RFE: Display of "Total Current Day Work Hours"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavel4u

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005    Post subject: RFE: Display of "Total Current Day Work Hours" Reply with quote

Could you implement next to the "Total Work Time" a "Total Day Work Time"?

TIA
-pablo
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that is possible, but which day would it show if your task log covers, say ten or eleven days' worth of tasks?

Actually I used to track tasks daily by having a file for each day, giving them filenames such as "20050209.sa2" for Feb 9, 2005. Then at the end of the month I would compile monthly reports by creating a blank file, then using File-> Append to bring in all the days of the month. Then I'd save that file to something like "2005_02.sa2" for February 2005. But at least in this case the total work time would equal the total day time if you had a file for each day.
pavel4u

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should only display the _current_ day. This is useful for the people who track their time each day using the same file say feb_05.sa2. The procedure you've mentioned would help, but I'm too lazy to create each day a new file...perphaps it could be made configurable so that it wouldn't disturb...
pavel4u

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

any update on this RFE?

Cheers
syntap
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the list for consideration when I get some time to get coding again... I'm trying to give though on how I would do it without making it confusing to people.

Plus there's a major problem if a task spans days because Time Stamp doesn't store the time in this case separated by day, just the total amount of time for the task. It's probably not doable without significant effort.
pavel4u

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand. So I will wait and see...anyway thanks for your time and effort!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: