Syntap Software Forum Forum Index Syntap Software Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Timestamp.NET Feedback

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbarnes

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004    Post subject: Timestamp.NET Feedback Reply with quote

Kudos to Justin for making the .NET version; I'm using it more and more every day. The Project Group feature is especially useful for switching back and forth between projects, which I do quite often.

Here are some suggestions for improvement:

1) Date, time, and currency formats should be derived from the computer's Regional Settings.
2) Project Group setup would be much easier if blank Project files could be created directly from the Project Group setup.
3) F12 key to stop a slack period is missing.
4) Would be nice to have a "Continue" shortcut key for tasks.
5) On one of my computers, the window starts up at the "Reduced Mode" size, even though I don't actually use Reduced Mode. On my other computer, the window either remembers its size or at least has a reasonable default.
6) Would be nice for the program to stop timing and save when Windows is suspended. This can be detected with the SystemEvents.PowerModeChanged event.
7) If TimeStamp.NET is started minimized, but never opened, Windows XP will refuse to log out or shut down until it is opened!

Also, I would love to know more about the Bugzilla connection. I see where the Bugzilla server and bug numbers are set, but it's not clear how the program makes use of that information.

-- Scott
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Syntap Software Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: